Currently, Youngs-Ten Star Group Benefits has a rewarding career opportunity for the position of Group Benefits Coordinator in Waterdown, Ontario.
Deadline: May 31, 2021
Title: Group Benefits Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time
At Youngs-Ten Star Group Benefits Inc., we have been working exclusively with employee benefits for over 25 years, turning the complexity into simplicity. With both experienced clients and those purchasing employee benefits for the first time, we take care of our clients and find the best plan customized to the specific needs of their business. As the Group Benefits Coordinator, you are responsible for acting as a liaison between the client and carrier, and prioritizing relationship management, while delivering timely and high-standard service.
- Working with the team to retain assigned book of business by providing superior service and addressing client group benefit-related questions and concerns.
- Acting as a liaison between the carrier and advisor/client, retrieving information from advisor/client, preparing information to send to the carrier, receiving and reviewing quotes, contracts, and policies to then forward to advisor/client.
- Developing quote and proposal requests; evaluating proposals and preparing comparison analyses.
- Reviewing claims and utilization data, creating presentations to illustrate trends and patterns.
- Creating rates for ASO; if the business is sold, preparing, and receiving Master App and Enrollments.
- Receiving renewal from the carrier, negotiating if necessary, preparing renewal reports and forwarding to advisor/client, discussing any group benefit-related concerns with advisor/client.
- Administration tasks including but not limited to:
- Forwarding and tracking addition and deletions to employee changes.
- Developing client communications including presentations, memos, emails, etc.
- Addressing inquiries from PA, cert. and advisors.
- Accounting tasks including but not limited to:
- Receiving carrier commission statements, entering into Quickbooks and Excel, and issuing commission cheques.
- Month-end reconciliation and bank deposits.
- Tracking carrier chargebacks, if necessary, and discussing any issues with advisor/client regarding payments.
- Previous client service experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook required.
- Experience with group benefits and group benefits products considered an asset.
- Experience with Adjudicare Software considered an asset.
- Experience with Quickbooks considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, both verbally and in writing required.
- High attention to detail, ability to respond to time-sensitive deadlines.
- Resourceful problem-solver.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Group Benefits including health, dental, and vision
- Paid vacation days and sick/PTO time
- Complimentary day off on birthday
- RRSP contribution matching
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational support opportunity
- Employee Rewards Program (incentives)
- On-site, free parking
COVID-19 considerations: Youngs Insurance is COVID-19 compliant and is committed to ensuring our workplace and community are safe.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume in confidence to our Human Resources Department, by clicking below. Please include your portfolio of samples of your work that demonstrate your digital and multimedia design abilities with your application submission.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.